Ninfield Neighbourhood Plan Regulation 16 Consultation
REGULATION 16 – THE NEIGHBOURHOOD PLANNING (GENERAL) REGULATIONS 2012 (AS AMENDED)
Ninfield Parish Council has prepared a draft Neighbourhood Plan covering the parish of Ninfield that sets out a vision for the future of the area, as well as planning policies that, if adopted, will be used to determine planning applications in the Parish and will form part of Wealden District Council’s Development Plan.
The Parish Council has now formally submitted the draft Neighbourhood Plan and associated supporting documents to the Council for consultation and examination.
Wealden District Council is inviting representations on the submission draft of the Neighbourhood Plan and supporting documents for a period of 7 weeks from 9am on Monday 25 September 2023 to 5pm on Monday 13 November 2023.
Wealden District Council are predominantly running the consultation on line and it can be found here. https://consult.wealden.gov.uk/kse/
Hard copies can also be viewed at the following locations:
- The Ninfield Stores, Lower Street, Ninfield, TN33 9EA (Open Monday to Saturday 7am-6pm, Sunday 7am- 2pm).
- The Community Café, Methodist Hall, Church Lane, Ninfield, TN33 9JW (Every Friday Morning 10am to 11.30am).
- Sparke Pavilion, The Recreation Ground, Church Lane, Ninfield, TN33 9JW (By appointment with the Parish Clerk firstname.lastname@example.org or 07725 843505).
- Methodist Hall, Church Lane, Ninfield, TN33 9JW (Saturday 7th October 2pm-5pm).
- The Village Market Memorial Hall, Bexhill Road, Ninfield, TN33 9EE (Saturday 21st October 9.30am- 12pm).
- Wealden District Council, Council Offices, Vicarage Lane, Hailsham, BN27 2AX (Open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 8.30am-5pm, Wednesday 9am -5pm).
How to Respond?
Representations on the draft Neighbourhood Plan can be made by completing the Consultation Response Form on their webpage and returning it:
- by email to Nplans@wealden.gov.uk
- or by post to Planning Policy, Wealden District Council, Vicarage Lane, Hailsham, BN27 2AX
What is a Regulation 16 consultation: Regulation 16 stage is a consultation in accordance with the Neighbourhood Planning Regulations 2012. The basic conditions are that the plan: Must be appropriate having regard to National Policy. Must contribute to the achievement of sustainable development.
Please take the time to support the our plan which will be a material consideration in any planning decisions that Wealden make.
What is YOUR Neighbourhood Plan?
Its a document written by the local community who know and love the area to set out how they believe it should adapt and grow for the future. Its a powerful tool to ensure that the community has a say in what happens in the designated area (which for us is the whole Parish of Ninfield as shown on the map below) by putting in place a strategy and policies which have come from the wants of the community.
It captures the vision and aims of the residents for improving the area, providing new facilities and planning different types of development. Land in the village can be designated as green space, employment space or housing and is based on the needs identified by the residents.
When completed the Neighbourhood Plan puts in place planning policy to guide future development which is a statutory part of the planning authority (Wealden District Council) local plan.
A neighbourhood plan is subject to an independent examination and then a public referendum. At the referendum all electors in the parish have the opportunity to vote on accepting the plan or not. In order for it to come into force it must have more than 50% yes votes.